Monday, April 19, 2010

Day Two and three-quarters...

When my day was done I went back to the hotel and waited for KP to arrive.  It worked out rather well.  I had just enough time to grab something to eat, change, check emails and relax some before she got there.  I spent some time in the lobby as well and the manager of the hotel gave me some pointers on where to go.  My friend from the night before gave me a list of things to see as well.
So night one - we went to Shem Creek - or as they say it Shim Crick...  I dont know how many times I have driven by this little area in Mount Pleasant.  It always looks inviting but I have never stopped.  It reminds me some of the inlet on the Point Pleasant side.  Of course the body of water is a bit smaller but the concept is the same - outside dining on the water.  We had dinner at a place called Water's Edge - original I know.  We had some crab dip, crab cakes, steamed clams, salad...  It was a mice meal.  Nothing too too heavy.  We sat on the water as the sun went down and before the wind picked up.  Across the way were a few other bars - they were a bit more bar like and less food oriented.

From Mount Pleasant we drove over the bridge and went into town.  It was still light out so we figured we would check out the sites.  We parked in the lot LA suggested - thank goodness for her or I would have been lost on the parking concept - and we walked to Market Street.  NOT without stopping at a local bakery along the way.
http://bakednyc.com/
Funny the website notes there is also a location in NYC.  KP had what I would call a Hello Dolly bar.  I had a whoopie pie.  We both had cafe au lait.... like we needed caffeine to go with all that sugar.  We sat outside by the street and watched the people.. aaah a favourite pass time.
From THERE we walked to Market Street and checked out some of the other items mentioned on LA's list.
And that was our Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment