Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Keane at the beach?

I was sitting on my bedroom floor shuffling through things and listening to Virgin Radio in 2004.  I was in the prcess of changing jobs and preparing to go on a little trip to Bermuda in between.  This song came on.  It captured my - my attention, my heart, my smile....



In the winter of 2005 my friend Lauren and I stumbled across a show here in Charleston...  We actually made a day trip ofr the concert... had lunch, kicked about, and took in a great small venue performance of Tom, Tim, and Keane....  It wa a wonderful show.  I cant help but think of the when I arrive....

2 comments:

  1. when that album came out, greg listened to it seriously non stop for like a month. it made me slightly crazy, although i liked it. for some reason i didn't love it until i saw them live on SNL; that it kind of clicked. even tho they are the 'hits' i love 'somewhere only we know' and 'everything's changing.'

    do you like their newer stuff? i like 'is it any wonder' as a song but haven't heard much else that i have to hear. i liked it better when there were no guitars...

    which makes me think: were/are you a big travis fan? i can see you loving them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard bedshaped and feel in love immediately... ironically my friend bought the album before me but after i had introduced her to them... that's how we ended up at the concert... i have the other albums and enjoy them... they have become a little more layered in sound as the albums have progressed but tom chaplin's voice still resonates through most songs and i love their keyboards... you should check them out more... you may find songs you like... i am all about the saddy melodic songs - we might as well be strangers... she has no time... a bad dream ( i like to pretend I can sing along to that)

    ReplyDelete