Friday, April 9, 2010

One week....

OK - actually I will be prety darned close to the beach on Wednesday of next week... problem is, by the time i leave the office and head that way it will be too late when I get there to go the extra distance to check out the beach... that plus the fact i will need to be awake pretty early on thursday...
but one week from right now i will be in full mini holiday mode... oh i wish i could remember what bridget jones calls that...  I googled it - min break? - that doesnt sound right...  i googled some more... but now i get the impression it is to be used for romantic getaways which this is not... so we will just call it a girls weekend out....
I am looking forward to it... It is perfect timing... It has been a long time getting to this last stretch of work related meetings.  Atlanta, Mississippi, Wisconsin, South Carolina, and now this....  It will be nice to spend 2 whole days ignoring the rest of the world and relaxing.
And for those not in the know - I do refer to Charleston as "My Bermuda away from home" - so I look forward to it even more.  I look forward to this great little hotel in the middle of the city.  It has a bar in the lobby and when you walk in - this will sound wierd - there is just this faint hint of lingering humidity and dampness that you only get when being really close to the water....  the A/C doesnt do enough to dry it out and you can smell it in the air...  it is the same when you walk (or should I say walked) into Triminghams.
Oh and I hope the Le Creuset shop is still open.  I never buy anything but man it is sure fun to window shop.
Dunleavys for a beer and pub food.  This place reminds me of The Bluffs.  The bar in The Bluffs not the B&B that used to sit on top of it.  Just a bunch of locals taking a break from the hot mid-day sun.  And you can walk to the beach from there.
And as always I willpay homage at the bridge and think of my dad.  I wont post anything else on this.  I have done enough in the past.  If you want to learn more about the bridge you will have to look at older posts.
So one week.  Let's hope it goes smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment