Monday, April 19, 2010

LUNCH TIME

We got back in our car...  have I mentioned yet that I am in a rental?  I was supposed to have a Hertz and return it so we would just have one car.  That didnt' work out so I ended up with an Enterprise and it couldn't be returned early.  I cant complain in hindsight it was far nicer than driving one of our cars around...
We parked on the side of the road at Sullivans Island and walked along the beach there as well.  It's so nice this time of year, this time of day... parking wasnt too hard to come by.
Once we left the beach we walked into town.  We went through an art gallery... it always make me want to yuck out a tarp and some paints and use my easel for what it was intended, instead of a lamp stand.  We also went into a little gift shop.  And by then convinced ourselves we could eat lunch.  Thank goodness we did because we had no idea what lay ahead of us the rest of the day.
We went to Poe's.  LA and BB have both recommended this restaurant to me.  I always just go to Dunleavys but this time decided to do something a little different.
http://www.poestavern.com/
And as suggested I had a burger.  It was TASTY!  I had the Black Cat and it was good.  Again, if we had known what we knew later there would have been a good chance of us staying there with our afternoon.  But we didn't so we moved on.

FYI - Edgar Allen Poe fans...
After a brief stint at the University of Virginia , Poe enlisted in the Army under the pseudonym Edgar Allan Perry and was stationed at Fort Moultrie at the western end of Sullivan's Island for thirteen months beginning November 18, 1827. His time on the island inspired “The Gold-Bug”, a story about a mystical beetle that led to buried treasure. He died alone, impoverished and inebriated at the age of 40 amid conflicting accounts, yet left an indelible legacy on American literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment