Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Citadel and Folley Beach


After the meetings on Friday I met a friend at her new house in Charleston. WOW!!! I had seen pictures in the beginning when they first bought the house. The house I saw the other day is a whole new version of that house. Walls were knocked out, an addition in the back, new windows.... it was beautiful.
From there she took me on a tour of her neighborhood. Their front porch overlooks a plantation and around the back and through a park in The Citadel. I definitely had never been in this part of the city when I played tourist.
And while we were in the car we may as well hit the beach. We went out to Folley Beach. I haven't been there in years. There were lots of people laying out and having a good time. Even some swimmers - I figured they were either drunken college kids or Canadians (sorry friends). The water wasn't that warm. It was OK for the feet but not for the whole body.
It was a nice way to spend the evening and catch up with an old friend.
I was to go back to the client but the individuals I was to meet with cancelled.
So I just crashed at the hotel for the evening. No need to drive home 4 hours after being up since 5ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment