Saturday, April 11, 2009

Last evening

I meandered back from the aquarium and stopped back at the Market Common.
I stopped at the Warbird Park on the way in. Market Common is on an old air force base. Being my father's daughter, I did need to stop and take a look at the planes. Oh I didn't stop long. Just enough to take a picture and a moment's reflection.


I was headed back that way because I so wanted to check out the Tommy Bahama Cafe. http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Cafes/Find.jsp#states
I think you are right here next to the ocean. Why would you go to a glorified high end chain restaurant for island fair when you could go to a locals place. I know we went to Margaritaville earlier in the week so who am I to judge. But Tommy Bahama!? Of course I went in.
I was not disappointed. Those who know me can suspect I was on a mission and I achieved. Because what self-respecting pretend island bar wouldn't have an assortment of rum. And that they did. So I had a tall black-n-coke and some coconut shrimp.
And while I was reflecting on various levels... I did stop by the Bermuda Gardens on the way back to the resort. I was thinking I would tour a model but it was closed for the day when I got there. Instead I drove around the new neighborhood and had a laugh at the names they chose for their streets. They were going for the Bermuda feel. Just the choices they made were rather remote locations instead of the obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment